Zimmer Self- Closing units are availible in different types
- A automatic Self- closing unit will be assembled at the cabinet for example whereas the activator is assembled at the drawer itself.
- The activator will be linked within the hook thus enabling the transfer of the force. The self-closing unit could however also be assembled at the drawer and the activator at the cabinet.
- At the closed drawer-position the activator is linked within the hook. During opening the hook will be pulled in right direction and the re-set spring will be stretched. The hook will be guided by means of two pins inside the bended guideway (A).
- After a certain opening-movement the hook is fitting in the offset-position, this disconnecting the hook and the activator. The drawer can be opened without any further effort. (B).
- At the closing of the drawer, the hook will be activated of the activator. The return spring pulls the drawer in end posittion while damping.
- In order to dampen sliding doors within both directions double acting self closing units will be used.
- The activator will be assembled at the cabinet; the self closing units on top of the sliding door.
- Housing length (l) 200 bis 385 mm
- Housing bright (b) 18 bis 25 mm
- Housing depth (t) 10,4 bis 18 mm
- Stroke (s) 50 bis 100 mm
- If there might not be sufficient space available for to assemble the activator, an outwards working self-closing unit can be used.
- This system has a separate spacer which deflects the force so that the damper works on pressure.
- The above example is showing a wardrobe with two sliding-doors. The activators have to be assembled onto the sliding doors as near to the side-wall as possible in order to prevent collission with the second door resp. the cabinet
- Use an outward closing unit.
- Housing length(l) 222 bis 345 mm
- Housing bright (b) 37 mm
- Housing depth (t) 16 mm
- Stroke (s) 50 bis 100 mm
- Soloution for special application of furniture branche.
- At wardrobes with three doors, the middle door will be dampened from both directions and centered in the middle. (B).
- The door can be moved in both directions. (A)
For sliding doors and drawers without handles. It is damped while retracting and then ejected by pushing:
1 drawer is closed
2 Drawer will be pushed. Drawer is activated for ejection, securing is unlocked
3 Drawer will be ejected, reset spring is tensioning
4 The retracting drawer tightens the re-set spring. Damping begins immediately after the securing snaps into place
- Volpino contains of fluid damper and a housing for assambly
- Damping adjustable
- Higher force
- Damping for hinges
- Middle Dorr damping
- Push to open with integrated damping system